Saturday, December 10, 2011

I need more flakies!


OPI Russian Navy, Kleancolor Chunky Holo Black, Avon Crystal Vision Crystal Nail Topcoat

Like everyone else on the internet who likes nail polish, I was absolutely amazed at the awesomeness of Cult Nails' limited edition flake gem Unicorn Puke. When I read that it was being re-released as Clairvoyant I was so excited! Unfortunately it'd already sold out so I'll have to wait a while to get my Clairvoyant/Unicorn Puke fix. In the meantime, I tried to make a colourful flakie manicure with the few flakie style polishes I have. I used OPI Russian Navy as a base to try and get some blue in the mani, topped with a few coats of Kleancolor Chunky Holo Black and then a few coats of a little gem I found in my nail polish bag from when I was a young'un. Avon Crystal Vision Crystal Nail Topcoat has little blue-green flakies in it, and is the only flakie I own. It was super runny and watery when I found it, but I left the lid off for a day and it thickened up nicely! The result was a crazy colour shifting flakie style manicure. 

For a bit of fun I made a little thumb gif to show the colour changes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...